We spent most of the day at various doctor's appointments. The roads were pretty bad, so it was a good thing that we had stayed in Mississauga. My first appointment was with my surgeon, and it was pretty uneventful. My second appointment was with my family doctor because I had to drop off the insurance form for him. He requested a chest xray because of the coughing and shortness of breath that I've been experiencing. I expect to get the results of that next week.
I'm sure a bunch of you are wondering what all I'm taking these days, because I've talked about various medical problems I've had. The list of stuff I'm taking is long :) I take:
- Femara (aka letrozole) and oral clodronate for the metastatic cancer. Femara removes what little estrogen is left in my body after the oophorectomy (my tumours are fed by estrogen), and clodronate builds up my bones to counteract the cancer's actions.
- Nexium for the problems I was having after eating, where my stomach would burn and hurt. My stomach no longer hurts since I've been taking the Nexium :)
- Celebrex for my lower back, which was injured some time ago and which hurts when I wake up. The clodronate makes this pain worse, but the Celebrex has been keeping the pain at bay.
- Oxycodone (aka Oxycontin) and occasionally Percocet for the mets pain, both in the sternum and in my left femur (although the femur spot has not been confirmed as mets). My bone mets pain is severe, and so I take the painkillers.
- Cipralex (aka Lexapro) for depression - it's been working - I feel much happier these days!
- Clonazepam (aka Klonopin) to help me sleep and to help with anxiety. I'm supposed to take 1/2 of a pill in the hopes that it won't give me bad dreams and will keep me asleep for a reasonable amount of time.
- Symbicort and Ventolin for my asthma.
- Aerius for my allergies.
I made my first pair of earrings tonight!!!!!!! You can see the finished product here. I don't have a picture of me wearing them because Ian isn't home yet and I can't take a good close-up picture of me without his help, but I'll add one when I get a chance. I'm quite happy with them for a first try. I don't think all my loops are perfect loops or the exact same size, but I'm still very pleased. It took a long time to make these earrings - about4 hours - but then I'd never done it before. I did waste a few of my findings in figuring out how to do stuff. I'm looking forward to making more earrings in the next few days. :)